Saturday, 27 April 2013

{Working} a Skater Dress

Hi my Lovelies,

I hope you're having a fabulous weekend so far?

So the other day I stumbled upon this great skater dress in Legit, I adore the colours and the stud detailing on the shoulder, and wanted to show you how you can wear a skater dress to work:
Dress:  Legit
Jacket:  Truworths
Spike Necklace:  Sass Diva
Nails:  Essence Color & Go in Do You Speak Love
Ted Lapidus White Soul Gold & Diamonds Perfume R895.00 per 100ml*
 
I know we've been taught to be wary of horizontal stripes, especially if you're on the curvy side, but thin stripes like these in dark colours could be very flattering, I adore this skater dress, it's such a versatile piece to own and could be styled in so many different ways.
 
I kept mine simple and work-wear appropriate by pairing it with suede boots, this gorgeous spike necklace from Sass Diva, and a chic black coat from Truworths.  The tiny belt cinches in my waist perfectly, which creates a lovely hourglass shape.
 
For weekends I'll easily wear this dress with my favourite Ackermans boots, a cool biker or denim jacket with chunky and vibrant jewellery.  I also think pairing this with a jewel-toned green or mustard would look awesome!  So you see, this little beauty is indeed a lovely piece to have in your winter wardrobe.
 
No look is complete without wearing a fragrance to suit your mood for that day, and I felt that the Ted Lapidus White Soul Gold & Diamonds described me perfectly:  "voluptuous and charismatic" indeed ;) and don't you think the bottle has a very womenly shape to it?  Gorgeous!  And it should be no surprise that the perfume has notes of vanilla orchid and orange blossom in, which makes it a pretty floral fragrance, and creates a nice feminine contrast to my skater chick dress.
 
Wishing you an awesome Saturday pretties! :-)



12 comments:

  1. Beautiful! We love the way you styled your LEGiT dress. And your nail art looks amazing. Love, Anja from LEGiT x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that's a fabulous outfit! So cleverly put together.
    And love your nails too, especially the accent nail!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this jacket! And boots! And nails! And everything! No but really, don't be surprised if you see me copy it one day hehe <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks THANKS! Awwwiieee that would be awesome no like for real ;) hehe x x

      Delete
  4. Super cute outfit!! I need that dress!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it! You def have great taste in fashion. Love the jacket and the boots.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to comment and for reading my blog ~ I truly appreciate it! You can also email me if you have a specific question or comment {dressedinthecity@yahoo.co.za} <3 <3

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...